The Passionate Craftsman

Ruby, PHP, MySql, Software engineering and more.

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Accelerated C++: Practical Programming by Example


I have bought this book two days ago: Accelerated C++: Practical Programming by Example. Tomorrow I will have the pleasure to have a look if it is as good as the rating a Amazon UK. I have found interesting a review by ddddd and this is an extract of the review:

"I've seen other books that try to teach you C++ from the ground up, not giving useful advice until they've bored you with pointers and memory management and so on. Let me say, the way these folks do it (high-level library functions first, primitive data structures later, then OO at the end) is surely the way to go. What's more, this book gets you in the habit of elegant, modular programming, although its main focus is on problem-solving, not style."

It seems that someone, in the end, has found a way to teach C++ in a non-painful way. I think that by learning C++ using example and high level classes is better than explaining any detail about the data type and pointer - although this is important too -.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home