The Passionate Craftsman

Ruby, PHP, MySql, Software engineering and more.

Saturday 15 December 2012

Raspberry Pi

Today I received my Raspberry Pi! I bought this book: Raspberry Pi User Guide. It is short, simple and a practical book. Most of the book is written for Linux newbies but the second part has an expalantion on how ot use the GPIO. I realised I can power the board with an iPhone power supply but I need a micro USB to deliver the power... I am using my Kindle USB cable! The box wrapping the Pi could be used as a 'PC case', but I will have to drill it to connect the cables. I downloaded this program to flash the 2GB SD card: http://alltheware.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/easiest-way-sd-card-setup/. The Linux distro to be flashed in the card is available on the Pi web site, I download the Debian image but I think I will try the Arch Linux version too. At the initial boot I set up the keyboard, local time and other settings, the configuration menu is very simple. The Windows manager is lightweight and powerful, I love it. I am having an overall good impression.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home