The Passionate Craftsman

Ruby, PHP, MySql, Software engineering and more.

Sunday 14 February 2010

Learning C on Youtube

I am using more and more Youtube to learn new things. Math, computer science and C programming. I started to learn C many years ago with a book about programming C with Visual C/C++ 4. Then I had a course with the Open University on computer architecture and I learnt a bit of assembly an C. I have a very strong passion for C, since it has been using to program the Unix OS and many other fundamental softwares and it is still used, although most of the time, Java is preferred, but if you want to do system programming on Unix, C is just in the right place. I want to share this Youtube video, is about C programming, but the most interesting thing is that Unicom channel has produced many other C/C++ videos, so check that channel for more videos.



However I have ordered two books. 'The unix programming environment' is one of the most important books about Unix. It is written by one of the creators of Unix and has relevant information about C programming in a Unix environment. The other book is The C book: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition), by Brian W. Kernighan (Author), Dennis Ritchie (creators of the language).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home